Drug raps filed
vs shabu queen

The police already filed the complaint on illegal possession of dangerous drugs yesterday against the woman in cahoots with the cop killer, Artemio Tare Jr., whose room in sitio Ubos, Poblacion 1, this city yielded four sachets of shabu and drug paraphernalia during the bloody raid last Friday.
Authorities also recovered four caliber .45 live bullets from the room occupied by one Melinda Itong Tesorero at 18 Franklin St. in the causeway area.

Investigator-on-case, PO1 Jeus Francis Monton also prepared a complaint related to the illegal possession of ammunition against the 34-year-old woman who connived with Tare in running the drug den utilizing the space that used to be a sari-sari store.

City chief of police, Chief Inspector George Vale, also said they are still looking into the possibility of implicating Tesorero in the murder of PO1 Michael June Ejoc and frustrated murder of three other cops–PO3 Judito Jasmin, PO1 Carlito Gamalo and PO1 Rinan Tagotongan–who were wounded in the drug den trap.

PInsp. Jojit Mananquil, who heads the Provincial Intelligence Branch of the Bohol Police Provincial Office, presented Jasmin and Gamalo to the media in a press conference yesterday to recount what actually transpired during the anti-illegal drugs operation in the morning of August 25.

Tagontongan is still recuperating at the Gov. Celestino Gallares Regional Hospital.

According to the two wounded cops, Tare must be ducking while monitoring the approaching police team through a hole in the plywood wall of the room, and had just risen shortly to a “Rambo” stunt, each hand holding a firearm, when finally revealing himself as soon as the wooden door dropped to the ground.

Two cops in the six-man team attempted to pursue Tare who fled on foot and was believed to have taken a banca to Loay.

An eight-man team from Guindulman police station, led by PSInsp. Joemar Pomarejos–the chief of police–set up a checkpoint in barangay Tabajan at around 9 p.m. on Saturday where Tare was intercepted on board a passenger bus heading Ubay.

Pomarejos said it was only about 15-20 minutes and they flagged down a bus which turned out to be the bus boarded by Tare.

According to the conductor, Tare boarded the bus from Loay and took a ticket to Jagna, but the presence of a number of police in the vicinity of the public market prevented him from disembarking.

This prompted him to extend his trip to Ubay, paying additional fare, as noted by the conductor.

However, team of Pomarejos flagged down the bus at the checkpoint.

Pomarejos positioned himself at the front portion of the bus to supervise while two of his men–PO1 Joel Bayron and PO1 Jeremias Platino–checked the passengers.

According to Pomarejos, Tare was seated at the third row from the last at the back.

As the suspect, wearing a bull cap, suddenly fired twice, hitting PO1 Platino on the side of his body and PO1 Bayron in the lower leg.

Just as PO1 Bayron uttered it was the suspect, Tare hurried down.

As he was about to step down, the rest of the police team at the checkpoint fired at him, to prevent him from escaping again.

Pomarejos clarified that had to subdue the suspect who had been noted to be notorious, elusive and heavily armed.

Tare sustained a gunshot wound in the left side of the abdomen (not a fresh wound) and left knee, aside from the fatal shot at the back of his head.

Scene of the crime operatives recovered the caliber .357 revolver he used in shooting two cops in the bus, a Black Widow caliber .22 revolver loaded with five live ammunitions from Tare’s pocket and a Gold Cup caliber .45 pistol with serial no. 907-01 pistol tucked near his waistline.

The caliber 357 revolver loaded with three live bullets bears serial no. 7586.

Other items recovered from Tare’s possession were a cellular phone, one caliber .45 magazine with seven live ammunitions inside, eight caliber .357 live ammunitions, two more live caliber . 45 ammunitions, two transparent heat-sealed plastic sachet containing white crystalline substance, two cellphone batteries, one deformed slug believed to be of caliber .357.

Pomarejos confirmed that the ID card bearing Tare’s name and picture as an intelligence action agent of the Regional Intelligence Division of the Philippine National Police was fake.

Even the professional driver’s license with no.GO4-44-65734 recovered from Tare was also fake.

The police also recovered an alumni ID from University of Bohol showing that Tare was graduated in HRM, a silver necklace, one simcard, one brief and cash amounting to P470 in different denominations.

Check for PRC Board Exam results at


add a comment.

Leave a Reply