The Old Tagbilaran neighborhood Association, Inc. (OLTA) of Poblacion I, Tagbilaran City, will once again stage the 2nd Season of the Gov. Edgar M. Chatto Cup Summer Basketball Tournament 2012 this coming April 17. This event will be participated by the different teams for the Two Division Tournament (Open Commercial Division and Open Junior Commercial Division). Like the past, this tournament is aimed not only to promote sports development in our province but is one way of fighting the drug menace in our community, which is one of the priority concerns of the Honorable Governor.
The success of this tournament depends largely by your support, who together with us believe in the development of our youth through sports. It is in this regard that we are inviting you to participate or to put up an entry in the above mentioned basketball division for the said tournament. Your great effort and contribution will greatly help us in the success of this tournament as well as to the development of positive values of our youth through sports in our community.
Prizes at stake: For Open Commercial Development – first prize – P20,000 plus trophy; second prize – P15,000 plus trophy; third prize – P10,000 plus trophy; fourth prize – P5,000.
For Open Junior Commercial Division: first prize – P15,000 plus trophy; second prize – P10,000 plus trophy; third prize – P5,000 plus trophy; four prize – P3,000.
MECHANICS OF THE TOURNAMENT
Each division will have its own elimination (single round robin) series in which the top two teams will advance to the final round on a best of three formats. The third prize shall be disputed between the number 3 and 4 in a one game format.
All games in the elimination and the final round of the tournament will be played at the OLTA Kolodrome.
Each team shall be responsible for their transportation, accommodation and discipline of their respective players, officials and staff.
For the Open Junior Commercial Division:
- Each team shall be composed of maximum 12 players.
- Current and former senior varsity players, current and former under-trainees are not allowed to play in this division.
- Each and every player of the team is required to submit a duly executed waiver from claims of damages for injuries that he may suffer in the course of the tournament.
- Entry to the tournament shall be considered official only upon payment of the P2,500 registration fee per team for the Open Junior Commercial Division and P3,500 per team for the Open Commercial Division and P1,000 cash bond on each team. Cash bonds shall be refunded at the end of the tournament less penalties imposed, if any. Registration will be on a first-come-first served basis.
- Deadline of submission of team line-up (including names of Team Owner, Manager, Coach, assistant coach, trainer and 23 players) and other requisite documents is on April 10, 1212. Deadline for the payment of registration fee and bonds is on April 15, 2012. Teams, which will fail to pay on the said date, will not be allowed to compete in the tournament.
- Teams shall provide their players with a respectable set of uniform. Teams that register early will have the benefit of choosing their team colors. Team colors of late registering teams will be determined by drawing of lots.
- The OLTA Sports Committee reserves the right to screen every team to ensure the eligibility of players. Before the start of the tournament, all head coaches shall be furnished copies of team line-ups to allow them to lodge any protest regarding the eligibility of players.
According to sportsman Niño H. Racho, chairman, OLTA Sports Committee, all teams must attend all meetings, discussions and conferences upon due notice and shall be represented by the team owner, manager or coach. The pre-tournament conference shall be tentatively set on April 15, 5:00 pm at the OLTA Kolodrome. For other details, contact the chairman of the OLTA Sports committee.
Check for PRC Board Exam results at PRCPassers.com